3 Steps To Making Money Online
I decided to write this post because I wanted to break down how simple it can be to make money online. Now please let me preface that by saying it’s not EASY. I said simple.
One of the biggest problems that I’ve seen new people have when they are getting started is that they can’t seem to choose one thing and stick with it.
It’s really no wonder when you see how much information there is online. It’s like trying to walk through a giant ball of string filled with glue. I get it. I’ve been through countless programs on my own path.
When you get a chance (after reading this post) you might want to check out another post that I did on “Chasing Shiny Objects” why we do it and how to stop.
Anyhow back to the 3 Steps to making money online.
So let’s break this down into the 3 things that you will need to make money online. Before I do however let me cover one important piece of information. I’d like to tell you that there are statistically 3 markets proven to generate more money online that all the others.
I – Make Money
II – Lose Weight
III – Love and Relationships
You’ll have the best chance of making money with those particular markets.
Now let’s continue with what you will need to start earning online.
- You will need a source of traffic.
- You will need a way to capture information ie. names and email addresses
- You will need a product to promote.
That’s it! Pretty simple huh?
OK, now let’s break this all down further so that it makes sense and so you can actually take some action if you want to.
- Traffic. I’m starting with traffic on purpose, and the reason is that if you don’t understand about getting traffic. You could have the best product on the planet and if no one will buy it. Then you are not going to make any money. Some people say that you need to start with your product, and other say that you need to start with your target market.
I say start with understanding how to drive traffic. Then you can choose any product and any market and you’ll know how to make sales.
Types of traffic.
While there is a “Cost” for all traffic. The free traffic that you get will only cost you in time. To be honest Free traffic is more difficult to generate and it’s more difficult to target as well, but if you are in a position with a limited budget. You’ll have to do what you have to do to get started.
SECTION 1 Traffic
Here are 3 free traffic sources that you can use.
- Craigslist – (General Traffic – Free and Paid) I’m starting here because I’m made a ton of leads and sales with craigslist traffic. To be honest, together with my partner we generated 7-figures in sales for Craigslist traffic alone. That said, this traffic is really only good for certain types of offers. The best is probably the “Make Money” niche. While you can pay to place ads on Craigslist and that’s mostly what we have done. You can also place ads for free in local cities as well.
You can post in the gigs section or the services offered section. The key to posting ads on Craigslist is the consistency. The key to marketing success online is consistency. You need to come up with a schedule for posting ads and stick to it. Start with something like 5 ads per day in the cities closet to your location. Make each ad slightly different.
If you have no idea how to write an ad. Look at the other ads in those sections and keep the ones that seem the most interesting to you. Then create your own version of those ads. It’s really that simple. The key is to DO IT!
2. Youtube (Targeted Traffic – Free) This is another method of marketing that can pay huge dividends for a number of reasons. The main one is that putting up a Youtube video is kind of like that gift that keeps on giving. You put it up once and people can view the video everyday from that time moving forward. Once again, the Secret to Youtube is putting up A LOT OF VIDEOS.
If you are not sure what you should be making your youtube videos about. One thing to consider is doing review videos on products and services. Did you know that many people who offer digital products will give you a review copy for free try for a few days so that you can create a review video on the product. You can look in the ClickBank market place and the JVZoo market place to find products to review. (We will cover what those market places are in a bit)
Below the video is where you would have your capture form or website link. In the video at the end you should always encourage people to get on your mailing list for something FREE you will send them. Don’t have anything? You can create your own free report by sourcing together useful information that has helped you in the past. Or you can use what is called PLR (Private Label Rights) products to offer as well. Just google the term for more information.
There are a ton more things you could be doing with Youtube, but I’m trying to keep this blog post very simple with little actions that you can actually take and start making money.
note. (The information that you type into the comments section of your video and what keywords you choose in the keywords section will determine the people who view your video. Since they are interested. They are considered targeted.)
3. Social Sharing – This process is the one I’ve use the least of the 3, but that’s not to say that it’s not extremely powerful. The thing is that there are simply just so many hours in the day and it’s important to stay focused on certain things. I will tell you that I know people who own or have owned 8-figure companies that use these very tactics to get new businesses launched.
So social sharing is when you comment on conversations online. Let’s say that there is a forum for women who are about to get married. One thing that many women who have a wedding coming up like to talk about is “Fitting into the wedding dress.” So let’s say that you find a forum like that and you get into the conversation. It’s not about getting into the conversation to sell something at that point. It’s about providing value to that conversation. Then in you (profile) you could have some info about how your life changed since using X weightloss product. That way you are being helpful and when people are curious about you and check out your profile you could potentially make a sale. Better yet, you generate a lead and even more potential future sales.
Here is a free piece of software that you can use to manage a bunch of social sites and communicate all from one platform. http://www.buzzbundle.com/order.html
SECTION 2 – Capturing Information
Capturing information in the form of an email list is CRITICAL. Your email list should be your most prized possession and you should treat it like gold. What I mean by that is that you should nurture it, take care of it. The more you do that, the more it will take care of you.
You’ll need a couple of things to capture email addresses.
- Autoresponder. That is the service you will use that will allow you to create the form where people will input their contact information. Their name and email address. There are a number of Autoresponder services on the marketplace.
I’ve used several myself, and rather than listing them all here. I’ll just recommend that one that I’m using now. www.mailchimp.com
The next thing you will need is a webpage to send people to. I’m not going to explain here how to build a website but what I will do is refer you to a friend of mine who has a service where you can build Lead Capture Pages that integrate with your mailchimp account. You can do this very simply and literally have a functioning page in just a matter of minutes. Check it out right here. http://mitspages.com/ It’s free btw.
SECTION 3 – Products to promote
So with this you need to once again think about what we covered earlier. That is the 3 top markets. So now what you need to do is go to either the Clickbank marketplace at www.clickbank.com or www.JVZoo.com.
On those sites which are both free to join, you will find literally thousands of products to promote. Now you will need to look through to find the best stuff. You can of course review the products online. The best thing that you could do would be 1. buy the product yourself and determine if it’s worth promoting. Or, you could request a review copy of the product from the owner. By doing that you will give yourself a much better chance at being authentic with your review. That will in my opinion come across in your marketing.
There are more details that could be looked at in terms of choosing products to offer in ClickBank specifically. I’ll be creating a mini video course on that coming up so stay tuned. In the meantime however, you have enough information here to get you started taking action and even converting sales.
The question is. Will you take the action?
Like I said. It’s simple to do, but you have to do the work. The secret to making money online is taking action and learning from your mistakes. It pretty much comes down to that.
I hope that you enjoyed this post and that you will share it with anyone you think might benefit from it.